Author(s): Dorling Kindersley Travel Guide Staff
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this spellbinding country.
Admire art and architecture in Berlin, walk the medieval streets of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, visit the fairy-tale Schloss Neuschwanstein, sample delicious Riesling wines in the Moseltal, or stop off for a beer at the Hofbr&aÄuhaus--Munich's most famous beer hall: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within color-coded chapters. Discover the best of Germany with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Germany:
- Over 60 color maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Germany designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floor plans show the inside of icons such as the elegant Schloss Charlottenburg in Berlin, the engrossing Deutsches Museum in Munich, majestic Heidelberg Castle, and more
- Color photographs of Germany's historic cities including artsy Berlin and cosmopolitan Munich, historic sights, postcard-perfect towns, fairy-tale castles, breathtaking scenery, and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's history and culture, flora and fauna, literature, music and art, scientists and inventors, world-famous beers, medieval castles, traditional festivals, classic cuisine, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Berlin; Brandenburg; Saxony-Anha< Saxony; Thuringia; Munich; Bavaria; Baden-Württemberg; Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarl∧ Hesse; North Rhine-Westphalia; Lower Saxony, Hamburg, and Bremen; Schleswig-Holstein; and Mecklenburg-Lower Pomerania
- Essential travel tips--our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful phrases and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Germany is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Germany.
DK Eyewitness: Silver award winner in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards for Guidebook Series 2018.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one." --The Independent
On a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Berlin.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in more than 120 countries.