Author(s): Rough Guides
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' guidebook available now with a free eBook
Discover Portugal with this comprehensive, entertaining, 'tell it like it is' Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts' honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to walk the Rota Vicentina, explore wine lodges in Porto, hop on a vintage Lisbon tram or relax on the glorious Algarve coast, The Rough Guide to Portugal will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide toPortugal:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Porto, Monsaraz, the Algarve, Lisbon, Estremadura and the Douro Valley.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Portugal.
- Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around the Serra de Estrela, the Alentejo and many more locations without needing to get online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including the charming walled medieval town of bidos and the romantic, colourful Porto riverfront.
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of the best sights and top experiences, including the hilltop retreat of Sintra, Lisbon's scrumptious past is de Bel m, the surf-lashed coast of Rota Vicentina, and the lagoons of Aveiro.
- Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section: packed withessential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information: comprehensiveContexts chapter provides fascinating insights into Portugal, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
- Innovative and unique extras: a free eBook.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.