Author(s): Marco Polo Travel Publishing Staff
Guides | 2020 January New Releases
Explore Krakow with this handy, pocket-sized, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Discover boutique hotels, authentic restaurants, the city's trendiest places, and get tips on shopping and what to do on a limited budget. There are plenty of ideas for travel with kids, and a summary of all the festivals and events that take place. Let Marco Polo show you all this historic Polish city has to offer...
Krakow's history stretches back hundreds of years and yet there's no question of a stuffy museum-like atmosphere. It is a city full of energy and almost Mediterranean vitality, a mix of culture and vibrant life, of history and modernity, of looking to the future and legends of the past. With this practical guide book, small enough to slip into your pocket, you can stroll through Krakow in search of Copernicus, experience popular festivals and undertake a journey back through time surrounded by architecture of a timeless beauty. Or you can enjoy life in the city's best restaurants, cafés and clubs...This is Krakow!
Your Marco Polo Krakow Pocket Guide includes:
- Insider Tips - we show you the hidden gems and little-known secrets that offer a real insight into the region. Discover where to eat particularly tasty pierogi, the dumplings typical of Poland; why it's worth visiting the flea market on Plac Nowy; and why you should get to the magnificent wooden altarpiece by Veit Stoss in the St. Mary's Basilica at least 15 minutes before opening.
- Best of - find the best things to do for free, the best 'only in' Krakow experiences, the best things to do if it rains and the best places to relax and spoil yourself.
- Sightseeing - all the top sights are organised by area of the city so you can easily plan your trip.
- Discovery Tours - specially tailored tours will get you to the heart of Krakow. From modern art to magnificent villas, you can experience all of Krakow's unique character with these personal tours.
- Krakow in full-colour - Marco Polo Pocket Guide Krakow includes full-colour photos throughout the guide bringing the city to life offering you a real taste of what you can see and enjoy on your trip.
- Touring App - download any of the Discovery Tours to your smartphone, complete with the detailed route description and map exactly as featured in the guide, free of charge. The maps can be used offline too, so no roaming charges. The perfect navigational tool with distance indicators and landmarks highlighting the correct direction to travel in as well as GPS coordinates along the way. Enjoy stress-free sightseeing and never get lost again!
- Street Atlas and pull-out map - we've included a detailed street atlas and a handy, pull-out map so you can pop the guide in your bag for a full-on sightseeing day or head out with just the map to enjoy your Discovery Tour.
- Useful Polish phrases - the essential words and phrases are included to help you get by.
Trust Marco Polo Krakow Pocket Guide to show you around this historic Polish city. The comprehensive coverage and unique insights will ensure you experience everything Krakow has to offer and more. The special tips, personal insights and unusual experiences will help you make the most of your trip - just arrive and enjoy.